
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I want you to spend time thinking about yourself and how important you are. You all are a very special part of my daily life at McCombs, but I don't think you take enough time to realize just how truly special each of you are. Today is all about you, not others. What is it that you love about yourself? What makes you unique and different than everyone else? What makes you an important part of our community? What is it that you have to offer to others?
Read the poem below and respond to it however you choose. Your response can be a poem about yourself, responses to the questions above, or any other sort of response that comes to your mind related to "you being you!" Get creative!
I Am Me
I am me.
In all the world, there is no one exactly like me.
There are people who have some parts like me,
but no one adds up exactly like me.
Therefore, everything that comes out of me
is authentically mine because I alone choose it.
I own everything about me
my body, including everything it does;
my mind, including all its thoughts and ideas;
my eyes, including the images of all they behold;
my feelings, whatever they may be...
anger,
joy,
frustration,
love,
disappointment,
excitement
my mouth, and all the words that come out of it
polite,
sweet or rough,
correct or incorrect;
my voice, loud or soft.
And all my actions, whether they be to others or to myself.
I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears.
I own all my triumphs and successes,
all my failures and mistakes.
Because I own all of me I can become intimately acquainted with me.
By doing so I can love me and be friendly with me in all parts.
I can then make it possible for all of me to work in my best interests.
I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me,
and other aspects that I do not know.
But as long as I am friendly and loving to myself,
I can courageously and hopefully, look for solutions to the puzzles
and for ways to find out more about me.
However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think
and feel at a given moment in time is me.
This is authentic and represents where I am in that moment in time.
When I review later how I looked and sounded, what I said and did, and how I
thought and felt, some parts may turn out to be unfitting.
I can discard that which is unfitting, and keep that which proved fitting,
And invent something new for that which I discarded.
I can see, hear, feel, think, say and do.
I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive,
and to make sense and order out of the world of people
and things outside of me.
I own me, and therefore I can engineer me.
I am me and I am okay.
I like the poem and think to answer the questions I don't really love anything about myself im really not that into myself to think that I love a part of me. What makes me unique and different is that I love snowbaording and I can crack my fingers very fast. I'm certainly not doing a very good part in the community but I think that's not my problem to fix.and i can't really help anyone do anything unless it has to do with the technology of today! (tommorow is just too hard to figure out).
ReplyDeleteUmmmm...well I dont really love myself but the thing that I LIKE about myself is my fun loving personality!I dont really like my looks or how crazy I am I dont like that I can be me and alot of people dont like it!I really dont like it how when I act like myself around people they look at me like okay youre weird i reallly want to change!Not only do I want to change the way I act I want to change the way I look as well!
ReplyDeleteYeah I know what youre thinking "Its not good to think like that and not like who you are" and i am aware of that but I dont know how else to feel I hate how people judge me and i just wanna change that!
I know i didnt really stick to the topic but I really wanted to share this!So bye!
Well, it is true, I am me! And the things I love about myself is that I'm not a fake, and I don't care what people think about me. I am me and you'll just have to deal with it.
ReplyDeleteOne thing that not many at our school do is play softball, and I do! I love anything and everything about softball, and I'm a pitcher, second baseman, and outfielder. I have a lot of fun playing softball, and I don't think I'd be where I'm at today if I didn't play it
Something that's very importannt to me would have to be my friends and family. I love all my friends and they love me too![: And my family is always there for me and on my side no matter what I do, even though my brother's a little out there, I still love him. And a couple other family members I cannot live without would have to be my Grandpa and Uncles. One of my uncles live out in New York. So I don't really get to see him more then maybe twice a year, and my other uncle lives in Cedar Rapids and he comes down whenever he's not working to stay with my Grandpa and come watch me play softball! They are there just about eery game no matter what time or where it is. (Unless it's in another state or somewhere more then 45 minutes away).
And that's just a little bit about the people and surroundings that have affect on my life, and I love them to death and they love me to!(: And so I think I'm done now so bye!
Things I Love About Myself
ReplyDelete1. I am a very weird person. Some people call me random, creative, and insane but I think the word weird classifies all that. It is very fun to go around having bizarre convorsations with random people at malls. Some people are scared of me but I think that makes life so much more interesting.
2. I am able to rollerblade really quickly. I love skating and I love flying past people. Sometimes I can be really zoned when I skate and when people try talking to me I just ignore them.
3. I like that I am able to draw well. Lots of people like my drawings even though they are abnormal. I like to make stories to go along with eatch drawing so that things make sence.
4. I like that I can be mature but usually aren't. When I have to act my age I do but when I am with my friends I laugh, I'm loud, and I seem like the most immature person in the world.
5. I love my heritage. I feel happy to say that I am only the second person on my moms side of the family to have ever even been to America. My dads family has been in america for years.
6. I love that I am able to travel a lot. Both my parents love to travel. my dad has been to numerous countries and I want to get out of the United States again too. I want to go to Europe, Asia, and Africa. I have already been to africa once but I was only three. I want to go again so I can remember the trip. I love to go to different places and explore. I am always up for excitement and doing new things.
SIX FACTS ABOUT ME
ReplyDelete1. I do Tae-Kwon-Do.
2. I have a unique hair style.
3. I don't care what people call me because it's not always true and I know that so I don’t care.
4. I love to ski, even though I have only skied twice and I'm not very good.
5. I love to draw but I'm not very good yet.
6. I space off a lot.
I'm unique because I can do many things not everyone can do. I can play multiple instruments,(roughly 5)I'm smart, I'm a good actor, and I enjoy doing things not everyone else likes to do. I also like that not everyone can do these things (well I guess that's what unique is, but I still think it's cool.) I also enjoy that I'm fun to hang out with and that people are okay with hanging out with me.
ReplyDeleteSomething I love about myself is that I'm so unique! I also love that I have some of the same charactoristics as other people. I also like how I'm kind of wierd.
Some things that make me important in my community are filling food bags for the homeless and the people in Hati. Also I help out if there is something wrong in my neihborhood. (Someone getting stuck in the snow, shoveling walks, and just help out.)
Some things I offer to others are: help with homework, help with personal problems, and being a friend. I also offer to others, just a helping hand.
If you ever ask me if I love me, I would totally say yes.The #1 reason I like my self is just because I'm me and nothing is going to change that.So somebody says I'm annoying or stupid, I AM stupid and annoying but I'm proud and thats the only difference between what they said and what I said.
ReplyDeleteA couple things about me is that I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, I used to have 2 guinea pigs, I used to have 7 sugar gliders. That means that I have developed a great deal of patience. That's all I really have to say about my self. I'll blog later.
Stuff about me!!!!
ReplyDelete1. I play soccer.
2. My favorite food is Caveteli. (Italian dish)
3. I think my nephew should stop spending time around my dog because now they both snort alot!
4. I have a strange talent of eating a piece of gum then repairing the wrapper to make it look like I never even touched it!
5. I have a long tendon in my thumb.
6. I can play the trumpet well.
7. I have VERY overprotective parents.
8. I have a fascination with Greek mythology and all of its battles and peoples way of life and how they survived and stuff.
9.YOU CAN'T STOP ME BECAUSE I'M ME!!!!!!!!
10.Thankyou for your time.
What I love about myself is that I am me and no one can take "me" away from myself,I love that I can play piano and swimming, but one thing I hate about myself is I am in band and I play the bells. I would rather play the flute or something like that.I am unique because I am a very good at running, but I cant do track because I have swimmmig,piano,and I got to Boys and Girls Club in my free time that I have so that would not work in busy schedule.Plus I have other stuff to talk about but I blogged late.
ReplyDeleteI don't like a lot of things about me so I don't know what to say. There is not a whole lot to say. I dont think I am that pretty, I dont think I have the best of traits. I wish i could just be someone else for one whole day. See what they like to do and things like that. I want to see what their home life is like. I would still like go back to being myself the next day. But I would like to see how other people have it. Life I mean. That would make me realize (maybe) that I dont have it so bad. Or that I could Change my life so it is just as good as theirs!
ReplyDeleteIf they became me for one whole day maybe they could see how i have it. Maybe they could understand me just a little better. Understand a lot of people a little better. I am glad I have had the chance to go through both worlds, I have done this because my dad used to make a lot of money. And even though he would be gone all week, I thought everything in my life was great because on the weekends when he came home and i saw him he would bring me something. A toy or something new. And now I know that your life can't be all about material things, because now I can't have all of the things I used to. And now we eat off-brand food. When we used to eat everything..... not off brand. I guess you could say. We ate at the very top of the food chain! The best food on the market! So now I know that you can't base everything off of money. I am me. I am free. And now I will tell you what routine I live by!
#1 Wake up
#2 Survive
#3 Go back to sleep
I have the best life ever I guess! To me I have grown up with what I will use as fuel in the future. Some kids will have parents that are perfect, and not have a death in their family until they are moved out on their own. But I have experienced death, And my family is messed up! Ha Ha! So unlike other kids with what they consider perfect lives I will be ready for what is ahead. The other kids will be suprised at what they find when they get older. Its not a dream world baby.... So don't treat it as one.
I am me. No one can change that. I like how dance is my life. I have big dreams and will make them come true. I like to prove people wrong. I’m smart but I have NO common sense, I understand I may be strange, weird, annoying, etc, but that’s me. Deal with it. I totally believe in changing for the best. I know I’m not perfect. Nobody is.
ReplyDeleteI love my family & friends. They mean the world to mean. God is very important to me too. Dance is my life(: I try not to get mad very often. Life is short and anger is ugly. Everything happens for a reason. My feelings may get hurt but I try not to give that person the attention they want. I try to be the best person I can be. I try to make everything funny.
And everything above is what makes me, me(:
Okay well...I like how much fun I have with my friends when I'm with them, I also like that i trust them enough to tell them what I'm thinking about and my problems.I also like how much they trust me too. I don't know what makes me an important part of the community. I don't spend any time thinking about myself because I like to enjoy life with my friends !
ReplyDeleteI am me. No one think likes me. No one is random as me. I think my thoughts, I see what I see, I am me!.
ReplyDeleteI like this poem because (personally), I think it's completely true, it tells WHY we are who we are. It also encourages me(atleast) to be different, diverse, and me.
I don't have any problems with being me, I love being me, and I WILL stay me!. I don't know why people would ever have problems with this simple, true, and long poem. But then of course, you have to bring in the poem to realize why people would not like this poem, because they are themselves, and we can't change that, not with overpayed scientists, or clones, and even with the future looming overhead like a cloud on a rainy day.
This might be one of the best poems I've heard, for the simple fact that it brings out the truth of the matter, that we can not be changed and we will not be changed, even with technology what it is today and what it will no doubt be like in the future.
I do like myself. I am my own person. I feel I know me, but yet I don't. Thing about me puzzle me still. I haven't completely figured out who I am or who I want to be. I figure out who I am everyday just a little bit more.
ReplyDeleteI am different. How am I different? I own six cute guinea pigs. I enjoy being on the computer (facebook mostly), playing outside, and hanging out with friends. I have straight As, I am in 9th grade math, and I am happy to be alive!
There is simularities with me and others but I am not the same as anyone else. Here is just a few of them.(Even though theres a lot.)Like I look like my mom. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends. I am a fan of Edward Cullen(Twilight). Theres a lot more but thats just a couple of them.
I haven't decided what I want to do with my life burt I want to help out the community For now I am living life to the fullest. I am glad to be me!
I'm Special!
ReplyDelete1. About one fifth of my day is video games.
2. I hate writing but i love to read.
3. I hate non-fiction.
4. Favorite food is popcorn.
5. I eat a lot but i'm underweight.
6. I like going to new places.
7. I hate to blog. lolololololololololololooooool!
Well one thing i know for sure is that there is not one person anywhere in the universe that is exactly like me. I do love who i am but not in a snotty kind of way. i live each day like its my last i have lots of friends and i love each and every one of them. I do not think of myself as the prettiest person or the smatest person and by far not the most talented but i am me and people love me for that. i am not a fake person i try not to lie and i hate fighting. my was of living is forgive and forget but trust me its a lot harder than it sounds. Some people that are in your life are there for a reason and sometimes, they aren't. if you love sometyhing let it go, if it was ment to be it will come back. and to the question what good am i to nthe community, i think i help lots. i voulenteer at the elementary school by my house and i love reading to old people haha pretty much anybody who needs help im here for you. so all im trying to say is i love myself i love my friends i love my haters i love my life i love THE WORLD!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove & Rockets -*Giselle*
Yes, I am me. Just ask anyone and they'll tell you that I have my own unique personality that no one in this world (except me of course) can live up to.(: I'm not fake and I really could care less about what people think of me.
ReplyDeleteI may not think about myself as much as I should but in the time I could spend thinking about myself I'd just rather not think at all. I'm no one special just another addition to this big world that is constantly getting smaller every day, if you know what I mean by that.
I have big dreams and as of now when I get older I want to be an art teacher for elementary school kids. (: But you know how us teens are, we change our minds just as often as we change our socks...
My friends love me for who I am not what I wear, and I love them for who they are not what they wear. I have a unique group of friends and we're all different, but in a good way. (: I would never take them for granted, cause you never know what you have till it's gone. And I'd NEVER choose a guy over a friend, 'cause I know how it feels, it's been done to me before... :(
Well I think I'm done now, so Bye-Bye! (:
-Patricia Ann Shelton
We all know that we are not perfect, and thats okay with me. I don't have to be perfect. We are all different, and we all have different ways of looking at things. people could call you stupid, ugly, talk about your family, or even use profanity against you. One thing you can do to stop that is to just ignore it. Eventually they will get tired of you and stop. I did it, so I know you can do it.
ReplyDeletePeople spread rumors about people. So, if there is rumors being spread about you, just ignore them, because only you can know if it is true. Also if your the person spreading the rumors its probably becuse your insecure with yourself.
Thank you,
Breanna Simmons
Life is too short to give up on hope . Live your life as you have imagined , not what someone else wants you to be , not what you THINK you can be , just be yourself . Nothing is better than just being you . Me ? Im imperfect , im not flawless , im not a perfectionized person . I have made mistakes in my life , but i was able to regather myself and just move on . You can't always have thing the way you want it . I love my family , my friends , everything I own . I do not take things for granted . Im just me , don't tell me what im supposed to be , or what you think I am . I've made my own spot in life and noone is going to take that away from me , I am my own special , independent person... you can't change me
ReplyDeleteI don't think that I would say that I love me because it kind of sounds obnoxious. But I would say that I do like somethings about myself. I like it that I do really well in school because it means that i will go far in life.I don't care if people say that I'm a "nerd" because I think that they're just jealous! Even though it may seem like a strange quality to like about myself I'm not afraid to tell anyone that I LIKE being smart.
ReplyDeleteSo I think that you should like things about yourself even if other people don't. So if someone says that they don't like something about you just ignore it because it only matters what YOU think of yourself. I think that you should not hide your personality and not worry about what other people think or say about you.
Thanks,
Tabitha Aplin
I love being me but I sometimes hate myself. I hate that I'm not as confident as I would want to be, I hate that I'm so shy, and I hate that I potray myself as to being an amazing student and then everyone has high expectations of me, and when I dont succeed, I feel that I let EVERYONE down.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, I don't like my imperfections, I do love the things that make me different. I love how hardworking I am. When I say that I'm going to do something, I try very hard to make it a reality.
I love that I am good at writing, math and reading. Writing is definitely something that I absolutely love to do. I can get a journal and write anything that's on my mind. Whenever I am upset, I just pull out a pencil and paper and just write, write, write. I let my imagination run wild and I LOVE to write.
I don't want to write a novel here, so I'm going to shorten this up. I love bing me, even though i have imperfections that I dont, I am me and that's perfectly fine with me!
SAVE THE POLAR BEARS!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh? This is the wrong blog post?...What I think about myself?...I ♥ myself!!! Hahah,that was kinda stupid if I do say so myself.But in a way that his how I am,Weird,and on the wonderous ocassion NORMAL. I like to think I'm smart and "semi-sophisticated",yet got my own style,and grace! I can be the nerdiest person on the street,yet I have my friends who can relate to me in their own crazy way! My family is very tight,that is of course after you you seperate the Bishop's from the Connett's...together it's chaos! But their my family, and I love em'! After you get past my geek and weirdness I'm not that bad a guy. I know when something makes me laugh out-loud,and I know when i'm being stupid,I know that I'm definetly ME!!! And no-one...I repeat...NO ONE WILL EVER CHANGE ME!!! (exept mabye my mom,she migh slap my personality right outta' me! Just Kidding!!! Love you mom.)
Some things that I love about myself is that I am really funny and I love to be goofy! I think that I have a great personality and I love to have fun! I am me and nobody can change that about me. I get mad when people make fun of me for being myself because I’m just having fun!
ReplyDeleteI am pretty random and like to be crazy! ( especially with my friends) I think I am a nice person and am pretty good at making friends. My friends like to be with me and I like to be with them.
I am good at reading and get good grades. I usually get A’s and B’s mostly A’s. I love to have fun and like to be myself. So my final word is, I love to be myself and you should be yourself to!
Here is a list about me
ReplyDelete1.I like to read but I am picky on what to read
2.I have great friends
3.I try hard at school but I catch on what we're learning quickly
4.I think before I act some times
5.I get okay grades
6.I don't care for music class even though I know it is important.
Those are just a few things about me
Well… I don’t exactly love myself, but I do like myself. What I like about myself is…
ReplyDelete~ I am fun-sized!!! I know I am short…but I don’t care! I actually like being short… sometimes…
~ I am creative and artistic…in my own way. :] I am not a good painter, and I don’t draw well, I’m also not a very good singer. But I am pretty good at coming up with fun ideas!! Most of the time.
~ I am very close with my friends! We have a lot of inside jokes and always have fun when we’re together. I found a poem that is very true about my friends and me. It says…
Our inside jokes too many too name, when we’re apart it’s never the same, when we’re together it’s nothing but fun, replacing my friends just can’t be done!! :]
I really like that poem because it is very true about us!!!!
I am me!
There are many things other's would think impossible, crazy, or stupid, that I think. Out of all of that, that is make's me, Me. I have always been diffrent and crazy, that make's me diffrent then everyone I meet. Anyone who meet's me will so see that I am Me and i'm smart an crazy.
ReplyDeletePeople see me as lazy, that's who I am. I've never reread a book, or even read an Autobiography. Gameing is my passion, Handheld, Home consle, Online, and anything else. Art is my Forte, and Music is too.
So as you can see i'm only me and as crazy as can be. Music, Art, and Theater let me express my creativity. While reading let's me fly away from everyone I know. I'm Me and No one else can, ever, or will be Me.
Im really different I have been thew alot some people make fun of me becuse of my hight I dont really care I like being short that means I can hide in small places and alot more I like myself not love myself becase that would be really creepy.I like VIDUO GAMES they keep me busy when im home alone so i dont burn down the house.I like to watch horrer moviess with zombies becase their bloody i guess thats just me.
ReplyDeleteI am alot diffrent then most people. Ibelive that makes up who I am. First of all, I am very good at math. I am good at it, even though it may take me a while to understand things. I lke to read, which is a huge part. Many people don't like to read, but I just downright love it.
ReplyDeleteI also like video games. Most people do. But its the TYPE of video games that make me unique. Most people like fast pace fighting games, which I also do. But I mostly like slow, stratagy, thinking games. Most people don't like games like that.
I also like T.V.. I like horror movies a little bit. I mostly like Sci Fi movies. So that makes me unique also.
So I think that this report tells how I am unique.
STUFF ABOUT ME!!!! 1.I like to play soccer with my brothers and friends 2. I have great friends 3.I do not like tech. ed. 4.Iplay alot of video games 5.My favorite food is pizza 6.I like to read but I don't like to write 7.I HATE MUSIC CLASS!!!! 8.I like p.e. 9.I like to watch t.v. 10.I HATE SHOOL!!!!
ReplyDelete